Dog parents who are very dedicated in caring for their dogs are the most incredible people. However, even the most loving and caring dog parents do things that do no favor their loving companions.
Here are few things that you SHOULD NEVER do as dog parents:
- DO NOT LEAVE THEM ALONE IN THE CAR – if dogs are left alone in the car in the extreme heat condition, your dog will become overheated and sick … and they could die. During the cold seasons, share the same consequences. Regardless if of the weather condition or reason, leaving them alone in the car makes them vulnerable and target to thieves.
- DO NOT LEAVE THEM OUTSIDE– Though the dogs should have access to the outdoors and it is very much okay t let them outside for a while as long as the weather is good and are monitored. But they should never be forced to live outside fr a very long period of time. Take note that dogs need human interaction and being left outside is unhealthy.
- DO NOT HIT A DOG – According to Victoria Stilwell, “When you hit a dog, you teach him to fear you, break his trust, and you weaken his confidence. Insecure dogs are the ones who are more likely to lash out in an aggressive display.”
- DO NOT SKIP VETERINARY VISITS – Some dog parents thought that they can self diagnose their loving dog’s issue via google and find it unnecessary to consult a veterinarian. If the dog is not acting as usual, please seek veterinary care as it very important not to take medical matters into your own hands.
- DO NOT NEGLECT THEIR TEETH – Always have an expert to check your dog’s teeth at least once in a while. Make it a habit to have a regular dental care. Never use human toothpaste on a dog because dog’s can’t spit, and the ingredients in many human toothpastes can make your loving dogs sick.
Know how to make your dog’s teeth healthy by also giving them chew toys that is just right for their breed and size. Here are some available dog toys you can find online.